Iphone docking station with speakers advice needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by newtomac1032, Jun 29, 2009.

1. newtomac1032 macrumors member

hi I'm new to this forum. I am about to go to the Iphone for the first time. However I am disabled and the speck flexskin case has been recommended to me, I am looking for a docking station with speakers to replace my current stereo system that will allow me to keep the phone in the case while on the dock. As I only have the use of 1 hand. Does this exist? any information or guidence is greatly appreciated
    Misty

2. meglet macrumors member

meglet

How about speakers with a docking station?

I have the iHome iP71BRC speakers with iPhone dock available at the Apple Store for $130, and I really like them.

The dock is compatible with universal dock adapters, I use mine with no adapter and dock the iPhone in a Crystal Shield case.

Sound from the speakers is actually quite good, I listen to nature sounds and relaxation music at low volume while falling asleep, and rock music during the day at a higher volume. I haven't noticed any issues with distortion, muddiness, or bad tone.

The speakers also have an option to plug into a computer via USB to sync the iPhone, but I haven't used that function.

3. ipod docks pro macrumors newbie

I can tell you that the 2 best charging docking stations available today are: Sony RDP-XF100IP and Philips Fidelio DS3000.
    I had both of them, they little expensive but sound quality is amazing relative to the other models
    You can find the full reviews + video here:

Sony RDP-XF100IP:
    http://ipoddockingstationwithspeakers.com/reviews/sony-rdp-xf100ip-portable-ipod-docking-station-with-speakers/

Philips Fidelio DS3000:
    http://ipoddockingstationwithspeakers.com/reviews/philips-fidelio-ds3000-desktop-ipod-docking-station-with-speakers/

4. agaskew macrumors 6502

That's weird, I have the same 2 docking stations!

The Philips looks great and definitely caters for the iPhone still in its case!

5. ipod docks pro macrumors newbie

Yeah, playing music while the device in its case is very important feature. Philips does that, and it's really has amazing sound quality