iPhone Docks and Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bt22, Jun 8, 2009.

1. bt22 macrumors 6502

I was hoping for the Matte Black on the new iPhone. I am waiting for the new 3GS to be available to get my first iPhone. I am interested in getting a Dock for my desk. But if i get a protective case i don't think it will fit in the dock. What recommendations can other iPhone owners give? Thanks for your responses.

2. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

a two piece case that you can slide the bottom half off to dock... incase slider..agent 18... etc

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

3rd party docks like griffin will fit and iPhone with a case in it. Or get a slider from incase, the bottom slides off while the top half stays on so you can dock in the Apple one.

4. cardboardcowboy macrumors newbie

Not to hijack the thread, but I felt it's relevant because I'm linking to a previous post here. Anyone know of any well made/fitting, hard plastic (no silicon) yellow cases for a 3G that look something like this:

[​IMG]

Sadly these are crappy $10 cases on ebay and I definitely don't trust the fit of those badboys. The "perfect" case would be an incase slider or one of those flick cases that LePigeonBleu linked but in a lovely yellow.

5. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I just ordered a new slider and screen protector.

Question: Since the new 3G S has a protective film on it, will the screen protector damage this in any way?

6. m1key macrumors member

I have the Incase Slider for the iPhone 3G and I must say its the best $35 I have ever spent. I have dropped my phone so many times and there still isn't even any major scratches or scuffs on it. It has a removable bottom so that you can dock the phone.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Couldn't agree more if i were you but i take good care of my iphone and have never dropped once, therefore, that $35 isn't worth it if people take care of their phone.