iPhone does not charge on powerbank??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peteandrewd4t, Jan 4, 2016.

1. peteandrewd4t macrumors newbie

Hi. I have recently bought a few powerbanks/portable chargers to be able to charge my iPhone 6 Plus on the go.
    The powerbanks I have bought are shake to turn on powerbanks with no power buttons, and they have automatic device detection, meaning they automatically turn on once the phone is connected into it with the USB/lightning cord.
    However, my iPhone 6 Plus does not start charging once connected. My old iPhone 4 does, on the same powerbanks.
    I've tried several different lightning to USB charge cords, all with the same result, and all 3 powerbanks I have do not charge the iPhone 6 Plus, but they charge the iPhone 4 and any Android phones.
    Is there something in the iPhone 6/6 Plus chipset that does not allow automatic charging from powerbanks? Or is it an issue with the phone itself?

2. Alexrat1996 Suspended

replace the power bank

3. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I have two brands of portable chargers, and haven't had any issue charging the 6s+ from them. Different brand than you have, for sure. Mine have power buttons.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The size or capacity of the powerbank has much to do with it. What would charge your old iPhone 4 may not charge you 6S+ as the battery is much larger.

5. Dreads macrumors member

I do a lot of carp fishing were I'm away from home for few nights at a time I use new Trent power banks for my 6+ and it charges every time......