Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peteandrewd4t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2016
Hi. I have recently bought a few powerbanks/portable chargers to be able to charge my iPhone 6 Plus on the go.
The powerbanks I have bought are shake to turn on powerbanks with no power buttons, and they have automatic device detection, meaning they automatically turn on once the phone is connected into it with the USB/lightning cord.
However, my iPhone 6 Plus does not start charging once connected. My old iPhone 4 does, on the same powerbanks.
I've tried several different lightning to USB charge cords, all with the same result, and all 3 powerbanks I have do not charge the iPhone 6 Plus, but they charge the iPhone 4 and any Android phones.
Is there something in the iPhone 6/6 Plus chipset that does not allow automatic charging from powerbanks? Or is it an issue with the phone itself?

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Hi. I have recently bought a few powerbanks/portable chargers to be able to charge my iPhone 6 Plus on the go.
The powerbanks I have bought are shake to turn on powerbanks with no power buttons, and they have automatic device detection, meaning they automatically turn on once the phone is connected into it with the USB/lightning cord.
However, my iPhone 6 Plus does not start charging once connected. My old iPhone 4 does, on the same powerbanks.
I've tried several different lightning to USB charge cords, all with the same result, and all 3 powerbanks I have do not charge the iPhone 6 Plus, but they charge the iPhone 4 and any Android phones.
Is there something in the iPhone 6/6 Plus chipset that does not allow automatic charging from powerbanks? Or is it an issue with the phone itself?
replace the power bank

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
I have two brands of portable chargers, and haven't had any issue charging the 6s+ from them. Different brand than you have, for sure. Mine have power buttons.

Dreads

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2015
I do a lot of carp fishing were I'm away from home for few nights at a time I use new Trent power banks for my 6+ and it charges every time......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.