Iphone does not recognize wireless

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ferrarofilms, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ferrarofilms macrumors member

My Iphone stopped recognizing any wireless connection, I ended up resetting to factory settings on Itunes and installing OS 3.1.3 nothing happened, it simply does not recognize any in any place. Myphone is already out of warmranty.
    Any hint?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your wifi has probably gone bad. One way to verify is to use the freezer test. If it works for a few minutes after that, then you’re wifi is bad. Thank China.

3. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

4. ferrarofilms thread starter macrumors member

And if?

And if it does not work, then what?

5. RustyHD macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with wifi. Iphone is 3g running 3.1.3 and baseband 5.12.1. Purchased the phone 2nd hand, so don't know the whole history. When you turn wifi on, it searches for networks and finds nothing even though there are networks available. I've tried restoring, reseting, etc. basically all the web solutions I can find and nothing works. I'm thinking of Push Doctor, but that requires the phone to be unlocked which is not possible with baseband 5.12.1. Any other idea's or App's I can try without unlocking?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Trying apps or push doctor and other software things its a waste of time.
    The wifi chip died or went bad.
    Nothing you can do but have it replaced at a repair shop or bring it to Apple for an exchange.