iphone does not register windows visa/versa

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrwaan, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mrwaan macrumors newbie

IM having problems with my IPHONE. it seemed I had problems with the screen flashing on and off when i was booting the phone up, after days of trying to fix it it booted the main menu which i immediatly wiped the phone back to normal settings
    I have now gone back to the screen when you need to plug the iphone into itunes to do the initial setup to use the phone. when i plugged the phone into the computer my laptop did not recognise the phone and the phone did not recognise it had been plugged into the laptop. Nore is the phone charging, so i tried a couple of tests.
    I plugged the phone into the ac adapter but it would not charge
    I changed the usb wire and wouldnt charge or boot from computer
    I plugged the phone into another 2 computers and nothing!
    I even plugged it into my xbox which still didnt charge the phone

im really stuck without my phone and is getting really fustrating!!! can anyone help please???

2. mrwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Did you really bump after 12 MINUTES???

Well, did this just start happening and you've had the phone for a while or did you just get it and it has been happening since the purchase. If you've had it, how long have you had it? Is it still under warranty?

David

4. mrwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive had it a while now maybe 6 months or a bit longer. the warentee has run out on the phone..

What do you mean did i bump for 12 mins?

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

A bump is a post to raise a thread to the top again. I know you may not of meant to bring it to the top but it's still a considered bump and you can't expect an answer in 12 minutes. If your lucky and someone saw your thread instantly, they could me still typing the post after 12 minutes!

How did the warranty run out after 6 months? Did you buy it off eBay used?

David

6. mrwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

O Right sorry new to this..

I bought the iphone from a computer exchange shop which is were you can trade in phones, laptops, gaming etc.. so i dont have a warentee for it.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You don't have to have a warranty paper or box or anything. They (Geniuses) type in your serial number, I think, and it will show up as in or out of warranty. They, usually, don't bother checking unless a repair or something serious is needed. If they do check and it shows up as registered as someone else's just tell the truth, that you bought it. That's all you need to say.

David

8. mrwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

where can i take it to as im based in the uk? i dont have any apple stores near me or anything?

Is there no way on repairing it? also there is a tiny crack on my screen and the backs a bit beaten will this void the warentee?

9. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Well, if I was the Genius I wouldn't void the warranty if it was just a small (less than one square centimeter) scratch and a few dings in the back. But whether the Genius voids it or not is kind of a human error thing. You can bring it into a Rogers or O2 store and they will send it into Apple if necessary. They should give you a replacement though.

David