iPhone does not sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kwill, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Today, my iPhone 2G stopped syncing to my Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz iMac (OS X 10.4.11). The USB cord was placed in a different port with no response. Then I grabbed working USB cord plugged into an AC outlet. When plugged into the iMac, zilch. The confirmation ring was heard when using the car charger. By now I established it's not the cord or the iPhone. Still, I restarted the iPhone and restarted the iMac. Then I unsuccessfully plugging the USB cord into the desktop iPhone stand.

Has anyone ever experienced non responsive syncing or know how to rectify it?

Clue: Yesterday I upgraded my Canon MX850 driver. There's no Uninstaller. Perhaps I can reinstall from the original discs if someone thinks it is applicable.

2. Kwill thread starter macrumors 68000

Kwill

Weird: I recharged the iPhone with USB-to-AC adaptor overnight. The next day when plugged into the same iMac, it synced to iTunes without a hitch.

3. Kwill thread starter macrumors 68000

Kwill

iTunes 9.0.1 Update

Solution appeared random. This morning a new update appears to acknowledge the issue...

iTunes 9.0.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
    Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
    • Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
    • Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
    • Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
    • Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
    Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
    • Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.

It fixes the shrink-to-Mini Player issue posted in another thread.