iPhone doesn't actually sync when it says it is...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BumperBo, May 8, 2010.

1. BumperBo macrumors newbie

Whenever I sync my iPhone, it goes through some show of syncing it with my iTunes. For example, even though I've told it what music I want on there (and it actually did it correctly the first time I synced it), it refuses to actually update the music on my iPhone (despite going through some 4 minute sync process)

It's the same with apps, it claims they're being added but really nothing happens.

Could it have something to do with the fact that the iPhone used to be synced with a Windows before I got it and started trying to sync it with my mac?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Switching to the Mac has nothing to do with it.

Could be an iTunes issue though. You might need to reinstall iTunes.

3. BumperBo thread starter macrumors newbie

OH! I forgot to mention that if I manually manage my music then it'll work (which I suppose is tolerable, but I can't find any comparable option to manage my apps which is the main block right now)

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I read an article on TUAW Friday, that mentioned there was an issue with the original release version of iTunes 9.1.1. If under "About iTunes" it says iTunes 9.1.1 (11), go to Apple.com and redownload iTunes, as 9.1.1 (12) solves many of the syncing issues.

Switching from 11 to 12 on my computer fixed the long syncs I was having on my iPhone.

TEG

5. BumperBo thread starter macrumors newbie