iPhone doesn't entirely download some emails. Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Enigmafan420, May 25, 2011.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Forgive me if this has been asked. I searched here and on Google and couldn't find an exact answer.

SOME email messages I get, iPhone will only download part of the message. And-it says "Download remaining XX bytes" (or similar message) on a button. When I touch the button, it appears to try and download the remaining portion of the email. Most times, nothing else happens, other than the download indicator spins around a few times. In other words, even though I have asked iPhone to download the entire message, and even though it appears to be trying to, I most often get nothing else.

This is frustrating because I can't read all of my emails on my phone. Using Comcast POP if that matters.

Thanks!

2. LazyMacGuy macrumors member

Its due to the size of the emails. When they are over a certain size, only part of the message will be downloaded. If it has a large attachment the best way is to make sure your connected to wifi when you download it as over 3g it could take ages.

3. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I thought about that. But my phone will download 4mb (!) power point slides and display them. These emails are maybe 100-200k. Not nearly as large.

4. LazyMacGuy macrumors member

That eliminates that reason then! :p

I'm afraid I can't think of any other cause or fix.

Hope someone else can help you,

Peace