iphone doesnt go into the landscape mode while texting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bharti, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bharti macrumors newbie

While writting a message i tilt my phone but the landscape mode doesnt appear...it stays the same way.

but when watching a video if i tilt the phone then it does appear in landscape mode.

do i need to activate the landscape mode on or???

2. bharti thread starter macrumors newbie

no one around to help????
    ive searched everywhere but didnt got any help.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

4. bharti thread starter macrumors newbie

os version??? i m sorry but i m very new with this phone. just bought it few days back so dont know much about it and its features...

Its like while writting a text i get those small keypads so thought may be if i go into the landscape mode then i'll get the bigger keypads for typing.

5. schankdawg macrumors newbie

I could use your help because i have same problem. OS 4.2.1

I could use your help because i have same problem. OS 4.2.1
    what can i do? Im somewhat computer savy and know my way through my iPhone. Thanks:apple:

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Tap your home button twice, to bring up the multitask window, swipe to the right until your screen looks like this. The button on the far left is your screen orientation lock. If it has a lock in it like the pic, press it and it will unlock your screen. If it is locked, you will also see the icon at the top of your screen in the status bar.

Attached Files: