Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expert.George

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
There's a problem now that arised in Egypt.
Before 2 days the numbering scheme was that mobile numbers are 10 digits:
3 digits for network code & 7 digits for number.

Now what happened that numbers had just exteneded to be 11 digits:
3 digits for network code & 8 digits for number.

in old scheme that iPhone successfuly recognized the mobile number:
012 3456789 same as +2012 3456789.

Now in new scheme doesn't do this. calls are sent in local format : 012 34567899 but msgs are received in international format +2012 34567899.

We need help in solving this issue. I'm using iPhone 4 with software 4.3.3

Are there any hacks i can change in system settings by iFile? My device is jailbroken.

micromaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Im having the same problems. Contacts that have the country dial code seem to not show up. while countries without are fine. Is there a plist file that can be edited? or something? maybe carrier bundle plists? Thanks :)

Edit: I think I've found a solution. Ive installed two packages, not sure which did it, but its working now. First one is called "Net.-Local Number Format" and the other is called "CallerID-Format Fix FW 3.x". Even though they are old packages and were developed for older firmwares, they did the job without a problem :)

GOODLUCK! :)

Last edited:

ametwalli

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
iPhone doesn't recognize numbers in 11 digit format

iPhone doesn't recognize numbers in 11 digit format.I do have the same problem and i do believe that most iphone users in Egypt will have the same problem.
is there a workaround if the phone is NOT jailbroken?
what i am doing now is removing the country code.. but i can not do that for all my contacts as they are a lot and i do as well travel a lot..
please help...
thanks in advance...

ShahySherif

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
I'm having the same problem, names appeared only after I removed the country code (+2) from some numbers. I can't remove it manually off the 500 contacts on my phone, anyone has found any solution yet? & my iPhone is not jailbroken so I can't install any of the previously mentioned packages. Please post if you found any thing that works for recognizing the country code like how it was before adding this extra digit for mobile numbers in Egypt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.