Iphone doesn't respond at all after opening it

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nikoskavliaris, Oct 21, 2009.

1. nikoskavliaris macrumors newbie

ok here is the deal. I opened the iphone through some videos i followed through youtube the reason was because of the volume button would go all the way up without touching it, and the power button wouldn't work. All i did was unscrew the screw on the bottom. And unplug all the ribbons and loosen some screws. due to the fact that my iphone wouldn't turn off, i had to do while it was on. And i know it was on because the vibrate will still working. After i figure out that this is too big job for me, I snapped all the ribbons back. When i try to turn it on by pressing the two buttons. it wouldn't. even when i was plug it in the dock. Now you think the phone got short circuit?

Or is it something else? what can i do?

anybody know any diagnostic program?

the phone was working fine except the volume and the power button.

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Why didn't you waited for it to run out of battery? Anyway, I have no idea... take it to a Genius

3. gemz1000 macrumors newbie

gemz1000

You schould have never gone in there.

Now that you did, when you take it to an Apple Genius, they may not repair it and you'll probably be buying a new one.

You might not have grounded yourself (static electricity) and you might have blown the logic board or another component insidee.