iPhone Doesn't Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonelover114, Jan 4, 2017.

1. iphonelover114 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a long story here. I was jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with Pangu when I stumble across an apple page saying that they wouldn't recommend it due to security issues and that kind of thing. I didn't think it was a big deal then so I played around with it. Now, my phone is disabled and I need to get it restored. When I try restoring it in recovery mode, a warning message comes up saying the iPhone doesn't have enough storage. How do i fix this?? (and yeah, I can't delete apps because it is disabled)

Thanks in advance!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

DFU Mode (Google it), upgrade and restore.

Apple will ALWAYS say they do not recommend it. They do not care for jailbreaking. But just because they do not recommend it does not mean you can't or shouldn't.

It's legal to do by the way.

3. iphonelover114 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll try it now. And just to stay on the safe side of things, I'll stick with apple.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Jailbreaking is safe - if you don't compromise yourself by your own actions.

That's the difference. Jailed, Apple protects you. Jailbroken, you watch out for yourself.

Either way it's your choice of course. I'm just making some observations.