iPhone doesnt show up in iphoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ramw5p, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ramw5p macrumors member

Any ideas..When plugged in, it launches iPhoto, but doesn't access the iPhone! Does not show up under sources either. Any thoughts? TIA

2. CocoSS macrumors member

is your iphone visible in other software ? e.g itunes

3. DVDSP macrumors regular

Lately I've noticed that if I have iMovie open my iPhone won't show up in iPhoto, even if it's available in iTunes. I disconnect the iPhone, quit iMovie, reconnect the iPhone and then it shows up in iPhoto.

Hope that helps,

4. ramw5p thread starter macrumors member

It shows up in itunes

Shows up in iTunes fine, but nothing in iPhoto. No other "I" programs running. Strange.

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

i'm having the same problem, ever since the update to iOS 5. my guess is that it is a bug related to Photo Stream (which I don't use) since Photo Stream, like iTunes Match, disables tethered syncing.
    but at this point there is no way to get photos off the iPhone aside from emailing them to yourself, which is annoying and something specifically mentioned in the iCloud presentation. but it was never a problem until Photo Stream was introduced. :mad:

6. jmelrose macrumors regular

I am also having this exact problem. No idea what might fix it. Photo stream is not active on the device, and my iPad doesn't have the issue.

7. PringUstin macrumors newbie

Solution that worked for me

I had the same problem that my iPhone 4 was recognized by iTunes, but not iPhoto.

Solution that worked for me:
    Changed iPhoto Settings to the following
    iPhoto settings: Connecting Camera Opens: No Application

Closed iPhoto, disconnected iPhone
    Reconnected my iPhone, opened iPhoto and it showed up. Go figure.

8. iamjose macrumors regular

this was annoying me but you're right... this solution worked! Thanks!

9. dkc76 macrumors newbie

This also worked for me

Thanks for the assistance.

10. richwiss macrumors newbie

11. Nutes macrumors newbie

This didn't work for me. Been working on it for over an hour and tried just about everything?? I have an iPhone 4S. It's not showing up in iPhoto or iTunes??? Help please.

12. Lyrinda macrumors newbie

iPhone 5c won't mount on Intel iMac OS 10.9.5

I cannot synch my photos from my iPhone 5c to my iPhoto. The desktop Mac will not recognize the iPhone. I've tried all of the above suggestions and have tried opening Image Capture (which does not recognize anything!). Help!

13. Lyrinda macrumors newbie

This worked for me

OK, I figured out something that worked for me... I closed all my applications and shut down my computer. Then I connected my iPhone 5c by the USB cable, then I turned the computer back on. It opened iPhoto - and mounted my iPhone and photos! As the say above, "Go figure!" At any rate, it worked!