iPhone doesn't sync new photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maury, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

My fiance recently moved from a Toshiba luggable to a MacBook, and is trying to sync up against the new machine. After saying "yes" to allow iTunes to authorize the iPhone on the new machine, most images and some music moved over to the MB. I have selected "Sync photos from: iPhoto" and "All photos and albums"

Images already on the MB sync fine, but it does not seem to notice any new images on the iPhone. Nor is there a Camera Roll selection in iPhoto, which seems interesting. So when we take new pictures and sync, they don't transfer to the MB.

Any ideas?

2. TheWatchfulOne macrumors 6502

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You've taken new photos with your phone and you want to get them into iPhoto? This is done through iPhoto. Open iPhoto with your iPhone connected. iPhoto will recognize your iPhone as a camera and you should see its icon show up in the source list. Click on that and it should offer to import your new pics into the iPhoto library. Let us know if that solves your problem.

3. Maury thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct.

Incorrect. On my machine with my iPhone, I simply run iTunes and it does the sync into iPhoto for me. I would hazard a guess that this is true for the majority of users.

I opened Image Capture and it was able to import from the iPhone, but if you do this it imports EVERY image, not just the latest ones. It does an Import, not a Sync.

Maury