iPhone doesn't update all played songs in sync to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marvin1379, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

So, i just noticed that the songs that i've played since my last sync of my iPhone did not sync all the songs i listened to in that time, like other iPods normally do. Instead, only about 4 of the last songs played were updated.

Is anyone else having this happen? i thought it was peculiar, but can't remember what it was like. I have a iPhone 3G and didn't have the original, so i came into the game at 2.0. now i have 2.1. if this changed, when?

Thanks!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might have synced only checked songs; you can sync all songs within iTunes iPhone sync.

3. Marvin1379 thread starter macrumors 6502

But all my songs are checked. i only have a few unchecked on purpose. it's the same settings that i have on my ipods. do all your songs update, even if they were played days before?

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago.

I hadn't synced for a week because I had been away on holiday, but when I did, only the songs I had listened to on the last day showed in the recently played playlist. :confused:

5. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

Check out this post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=567073

The problem seems to occur with Smart Playlists. Since all my iPhone playlists are smart ones, I thought it was an overall issue, but perhaps not.

The error seems most readily reproducible when you (a) switch between playlists, where play counts and dates will only update on the most recently played list or (b) when the iPhone loses track of what your now playing item is, regardless of whether or not the track is actually playing.

I first noticed this on a five hour car ride, where I was playing and skipping through songs on a regular basis. I probably scanned through 600+ songs on the 10 hour round trip this way yet when I got home and synced up my iPhone, only 50 or so songs were marked as played through completely (playcount increased) or marked as skipped (play length less than 20 seconds).

It's an annoying bug for sure.

6. Marvin1379 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks everyone. i found the problem originally after using the genius playlist on the iphone and then subsequently all my smart playlists.

geez...cant :apple: get anything right?!