iPhone doesn't wake from sleep?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Locker, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Locker macrumors 6502

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember now with my iPhone 3G...

Every now and again, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, my phone doesn't respond to the sleep or home button being pressed when it's asleep. In other words, my screen is off, and no matter what I press it won't come back on.

Holding down the home button for a force quit doesn't do anything and holding down the sleep button for a turn-off doesn't do anything either. The only fix is to hold down both and force a re-start.

Now, it must be some kind of crazy love for Apple which has let me accept this problem and not do anything about it. Either that or my subconscious mind wants to avoid the hassle of it being diagnosed, replaced, bla de bla.

What I'd like to know is whether anyone else has this problem or has heard of it? Is it a known issue? I guess it's software related... perhaps I should just do a factory-restore?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Do a factory restore and if that doesn't work get it replaced, because you shouldn't have a faulty phone when your still under warranty.

3. ricardofel macrumors newbie

same problem

I have previous generation and have the same problem...a pain in the butt....happens all the time!!:mad:

4. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

hold down the sleep/wake button + the home button at the same time,
    till the apple logo appears.

but other than that, i'd go to/call apple