iphone doing weird things

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by admyrick, Jan 8, 2009.

1. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

i just got my iphone 3g last weekend and monday it started doing some weird things. monday morning i could not access the network what so ever. so i restored it and it seemed to fix the problem. yesterday it started to shut itself off and on and now today in addition to it shutting it self on and off, it automatically turns the ringer up to max (as though the volume control was stuck) and every now and then it asks me if i want to turn off the iphone (slider across the top). can i have some suggestions of what i should do. i have been looking forward to getting this for soooooooooo long and i dont want it to have a bunch of problems.

all help is appreciated
    andy

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I would take it to the apple store and see if you could recreate those problems to a genius, tell him you already tried to restore it and it still doesn't work, he should give you a new one.

3. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

just finished restoring and now it seems my power button and the volume up button on the phone dont work anymore. wth should i do?

andy

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

this take it to an apple retail store and have a genius look at it and request a replacement

5. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

What's wrong with you go to an Apple Store or an ATT Store or call 1800-MY-IPHONE

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

You don't have to be rude.

7. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

went to the apple store, told them what was going on. gave me a new one, no questions asked.

8. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

I'm sorry for being rude, but thats exactly what I told you to do.