iPhone: Don't Buy - Updates Soon - the Word?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aka217, Jan 27, 2009.

1. aka217 macrumors newbie

Been ready to buy an iPhone since before Xmas - but as I never make a move without consulting MacRumors' Buying Guide - I am hamstrung by the 'Don't Buy - Updates Soon'.
    Was really hoping something would pan out at MacWorld (maybe just a processor bump to that of the current Touch, Better battery life, 32GB version).
    Any thoughts on whether this Don't Buy 'tip' is still valid!?
    I'm itchin'!

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

As Tim Cook said, the iPhone "product cycle" (not sure if that's the correct word for it) is around June. This means that the iPhone should be updated around June again.
    Basically, it's your call.
    If you want it/need it now, get it, or else just wait.:D

3. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I Too am waiting for an iPhone update. i have the 2g, and would like an upgrade, but ill be paying an extra 25 bucks every month (300 extra a year). That's kind of disappointing.

I hope AT&T lowers the date price, and includes atleast some Texts, But Thats never going to happen since AT&T Sucks PERIOD.

Only if Apple let other carriers distribute the phone. I bet they would make a lot more money to.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

dvdhsu hit the nail on the head.

I'll do what I've always done... unlock my iPhone, eBay it for more than the new one costs, and then buy the new one :D

5. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

If you wait long enough, there will always be an update.

Your best bet with Apple is to forget you wanted to buy one, then when they release a new one, just impulse buy it and go into massive credit card debt.

That's how I got me this nice spiffy Mac Pro!

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for the next version.

I have the original 2g one.

I've been trying to think what the next one would have that the current 3g one does not and the only thing i can think of is a better battery and hardware that uses less energy.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

If you want it, get it. You can upgrade to the new one for cheap, and sell the 3G.

When June comes round i'll be selling my 3G For the upgrade price, and being there day 1 :D