iPhone dot pattern fixed after update 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blindtheater, Sep 27, 2007.

1. blindtheater macrumors newbie

i just updated my phone and the dot pattern on my 7 series screen is gone!
    i turned the brightness all the way up and i could not see any. before the update the dots were extrememly noticeable but not anymore. i recommend everyone with that had this problem to update now!!

2. theblueone macrumors member

I was just getting ready to start the same thread. Mine is fixed, too! I'm incredibly happy with my iPhone now. If only it fixed that tiny scratch in the screen.:p

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

This is great news I can't wait to get back home and update my phone :)

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

5. chriswheat macrumors regular

'Tis true. My white dots weren't bad, in fact I didn't notice them until someone else mentioned it and I looked carefully at mine. Now they are completely gone. I can't see them at all, at full brightness, at minimum brightness, at any angle. They're not there.

6. frikfrak macrumors regular

7. Raska macrumors 6502

Tiny dots gone with software update?

When I first bought my iPhone, it suffered from the tiny dots all over the screen. With the backlight down I barely noticed it. After installing the 1.1.1 update, I was playing around with the new features, and noticed at full brightness the tiny dots are now gone. Has anyone else noticed this?

8. JorgeAHdz macrumors newbie

i'm stuck at work! can't wait to get home to try it! those dots really bug the hell out of me esp. since i had a 5 series phone before. :D

9. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

???

Are there any other updates> has anyone with an unlocked phone update? in the process now...

10. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

This is the only gripe i had with my 7-series and now its gone!!! AWESOME!!!

11. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

No More White Dots!!!!!

Not sure if this has happened to anybody else, but I just downloaded the new update and the white grid pattern that was visible on my screen before is completely gone!!!! My screen is now FLAWLESS!!!!

12. meagain macrumors 68030

What about the rest of the screen/graphics? Any difference in:

Whites
    Blacks
    Hue
    Saturation/richness

???

13. ahand macrumors member

holy crap, i'm so excited. i feel like my iphone is complete now. the dots never really bothered me that much but made the phone "imperfect" i guess. now i feel like it's complete.

14. ucsdgemini macrumors newbie

What about the brightness issues? Does 1.1.1 fix that? I just compared my 7 panel with a coworker's 5 panel and his is MUCH brighter at full brightness. I too had a 5 panel before and am dissapointed with the 7. I also have non-uniformity which I can see on black images where there appear to be blotchy areas of whiteness.

15. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I have this is well - particularly noticeable when you restart the iPhone and get the silver apple logo - the black background isn't very solid. 7 series btw.

16. KevinPlusPlus macrumors member

I had a green dot pattern on my Series 7 screen that also went away with the 1.1.1 update. I think that otherwise the display quality (color, etc.) are pretty much the same.