iPhone downgrade troubles 5.0.1 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by demodonk08, Jan 21, 2012.

1. demodonk08 macrumors newbie

Dear all,
    Having some issues downgrading my GSM iPhone 4 with baseband 02.10.04. A few weeks ago I successfully upgraded software to 5.0.1 while preserving my baseband, hence enabling me to continue using my Gevey Ultra.

Although it worked, signal was patchy and when it cut out, it needed me to restart and do the whole 112 deal to enable it. Something I didn't want to continue doing.

Following this video I began to start the downgrade process. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/12/08/how-to-downgrade-ios-5-x-ios-4-3/

It was all going well when the restore (of my custom 4.3.3 IPSW (to continue preserving baseband)) froze right at the end of the install. I have later found that this was due to my having Wi-Fi Sync installed. Wi-Fi Sync has now been uninstalled.

Now I have my iPhone stuck in recovery mode (usb pointing to the itunes logo) and I cannot get it into DFU mode no matter what I do/use; both tinyumbrella and redsnow. Rather than remaining black and entering Pwned DFU, screen returns to recovery mode and redsnow says that it does not that support the ISPW installed on phone.

I have blobs saved on my computer and on tinyumbrella/cydia for 4.3.3, just I can't get into DFU mode to install my custom IPSW and get everything working again.

What can I do here? I think if I can somehow get into Pwned DFU then I can get my custom IPSW installed and all will be well..

Sorry for such a long post, but being thorough might help get my question answered more quickly.

Thanks for all of your help.

2. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I have this issue as well. Trying to upgrade an old 3GS that was JB and I believe I had wifi sync installed. Yet, during the restore/update my phone bricked. Now that I know about wifi sync I can't uninstall the app.

What can we do, and where does the dev for wifi sync live so I can pay him a visit?

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

@OP

Connect phone
    open up TU uncheck and than check again set host to cydia. Exit TU

If you have SHSH's for 4.1 try to restore to stock 4.1 which will also keep you on 02.10.4.

If not you can try to restore to stock 4.3.3, this will upgrade your BB to 04.10.01, but that one is still usable with Gevey Ultra.

Good luck