iPhone drop - crack in bottom left hand corner

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kevster89, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Kevster89 macrumors regular

Kevster89

Hi guys,

I purchased my 16GB iPhone 3G when they were released in the US on July 11. Totally I accidentally dropped it, cracking the bottom left hand corner.

Is there any way I get exchange this for a new phone... or is my 1 year warranty voided? There are just a few crack marks in the bottom left-hand corner of the touch screen, not even reaching the actual SCREEN and not affecting the functionality of the phone. If I have problems with my iPhone, as has happened in the past, and go into a Genius Bar to exchange it, will I still be allowed to? The phone is still fully functional.

Any information, guidance, or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

2. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Why do people keep asking this? :rolleyes:

WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, ONLY MANUFACTURING DEFECTS

Any complaints you now have regarding functional deficiencies will be called into question by the damage caused in the fall. The onus is now on you, the purchaser, to prove the defects were there beforehand. Apple will more than likely say the operating glitches are a direct consequence of the fall, and refuse to accept liability. You have a 50/50 chance at best, if and when you take it in.