iPhone dropped 18 of 21 calls - all while phone was ringing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Roflcopterrr, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Roflcopterrr macrumors member

Today I had the strangest thing happen.. in the midst of this Verizon & AT&T fight, I thought to myself "wow I've never had dropped calls why do people bitch and whine about AT&T?", but today.... I had FULL BARS of 3G coverage, but out of 21 attempts to call a friend, 3 of them actually made it to where he said "hello?". The rest all gave me "call failed" while it was ringing... I also didn't get any data sent/receieved, facebook & email loading indicators just kept spinning & spinning & spinning & spinning, even though I had full 3g coverage. What gives?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Since this is an isolated incident, one would venture to guess that there are issues with a tower nearby.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I second CocoaPuff's suggestion and will add a question of my own: did you try turning Airplane Mode on and off or rebooting your phone? Sometimes commcenter will act buggy and just needs a restart.

4. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. One of two seems to be the issue.

6. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

Full Bars!

"I HAVE FULL BARS AND I CAN'T EVEN MAKE A CALL!" then proceed to yell obsenities to the phone for a good 15 minutes.

Sorry this reminded me of that, this guy in my computer science class who I'm pretty sure has anger management issues did that.....seriously he's ALWAYS like that, it's scary.