iPhone Drops Calls Frequently After 2.1 Update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoulderBum, Oct 8, 2008.

1. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

I never had much of a problem with dropped calls before, but since the 2.1 update, it seems that every other call is dropped, the phone sometimes has trouble hanging up (it hung for about 20 seconds trying to hang up today) and I even had a call that sounded like a robot buzz and someone breathing heavy at the same time.

Has anyone else been having severe call quality/connection issues since the new update?

2. True Tao macrumors member

Yeah mine has been dropping calls. Twice in a 10 minute conversation and had to go through a crapload of prompts again. The thing that really pissed me off was that I was outside and about 300 yards from an AT&T corporate building!!:mad:

3. vegasjon macrumors newbie

The dropped calls are getting ridiculus, I dropped a call the other day 4 times within a 15 minute time period. I either drop calls or get the "call failed" probably 50% of the time I try to use the iPhone.

4. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

I thought I was the only one. One day I couldn't receive calls without them being dropped or "failing" and I couldn't make any calls until I finally restarted the phone. Very odd.

5. True Tao macrumors member

Not only am I dropping calls but I'm not getting some texts......:mad::mad:

6. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I frequently go from 5 bars to none, especially if I'm in the middle of a call. This has been happening since 2.0, and the newest 2.2 update meant to address the issue has done nothing.

7. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm in the complete opposite situation. I had many dropped calls before 2.1, but after 2.1, I haven't had any dropped calls at all.

8. BoulderBum thread starter macrumors 6502a