Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I'm looking for a APP for my iPhone 6 Plus that will act as a remote shutter for my Nikon camera. I've looked all over the net and I couldn't find one except for Google Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dslrremote&hl=en

If anyone knows of one that works for Apple, please let me know. Thanks in advance. (I'm NOT looking for a wifi controller app, just IR)

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
What camera model do you have?
An IR remote can be bought of ebay for a couple of $.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm looking for a APP for my iPhone 6 Plus that will act as a remote shutter for my Nikon camera. I've looked all over the net and I couldn't find one except for Google Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dslrremote&hl=en

If anyone knows of one that works for Apple, please let me know. Thanks in advance. (I'm NOT looking for a wifi controller app, just IR)

As far as I know, the iPhone 6 does not have an IR transmitter integrated. Do you want to plug an external IR transmitter into your iPhone?

/Jim

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I'm using a Nikon Coolpix A. I know about the remotes, I just thought there was an app by now. No I don't want to plug anything into my phone. If the iphone has no IR then it can't be done :(

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I'm using a Nikon Coolpix A. I know about the remotes, I just thought there was an app by now. No I don't want to plug anything into my phone. If the iphone has no IR then it can't be done :(
The coolpix is not a dslr.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
The only one I know of is the App Nikon put out and it only works with newer cameras with WiFi (Like the D750)...and not that well, I might add.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.