iPhone XS iPhone ear piece question

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
dumb but serious question. Is it possible to dent the earpiece grill?

I cleaned it with my shirt earlier and now there’s a big black dark circle in the center. Can’t get rid of it.

It’s a little annoying. Any tips? Tried micro fiber. Tried a dab of water. Nothing

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
I believe the “grill” is made up of a metal mesh material, so with that in mind I would say yes, it’s possible to “dent” it. But I imagine it would take quite a bit of force, a quick/gentle wipe with a t-shirt or anything else shouldn’t be enough to dent it.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
If you’ve ever watched jerryrigeverything on YouTube, during durability tests on the iPhone he takes a utility knife to the earpiece and besides scratches it doesn’t seem easy to damage..

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
dumb but serious question. Is it possible to dent the earpiece grill?

I cleaned it with my shirt earlier and now there’s a big black dark circle in the center. Can’t get rid of it.

It’s a little annoying. Any tips? Tried micro fiber. Tried a dab of water. Nothing
If you put enough pressure on it, you may have dented it somehow. And there is likely no way to repair that either, it might be something you have to see a daily basis, but as long as it functions normally, I would try to ignore it.