Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixeler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... when you've got your earbuds on and you're wearing a collared shirt, does the mic ever get stuck on your collar? It's quite annoying as it pulls at my ear when I make the slightest move to look up. Is this a pretty easy accessory to replace? I'm thinking about stopping by the Apple store today to take a look. :(

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... when you've got your earbuds on and you're wearing a collared shirt, does the mic ever get stuck on your collar? It's quite annoying as it pulls at my ear when I make the slightest move to look up. Is this a pretty easy accessory to replace? I'm thinking about stopping by the Apple store today to take a look. :(

I have that happen all the time, or if I look up, the earbud gets ripped out of my ear because the mic portion gets caught on my shirt or jacket. Very frustrating. I just figured it was the price you pay to have the mic portion on the headphones.:rolleyes:

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
yep, i've had this happen to me. i think i must now subconciously tilt my head to the right a lot...

i was hoping they'd redesign the mic to fix this but no luck yet...

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
yep, i've had this happen to me. i think i must now subconciously tilt my head to the right a lot...

i was hoping they'd redesign the mic to fix this but no luck yet...

They should take the edges off it. Maybe a tear drop design or something.

DPA

macrumors 65816
It is a bit boxy. I could see a teardrop design really helping.

I could also see a teardrop design, not really Apple's style though, but rounded edges are. Rounded edges would be somewhat hard to do without using a teardrop shape. I think the teardrop would still maintain the chic look that Apple strives for in all their products, including accessories.

The mic/remote placement is very annoying when wearing a collared shirt.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.