iPhone earphone (like apples but black)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cutterschoice, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Cutterschoice macrumors member

Hey guys, i've searched everywhere for black earphones similar to Apples white ones.

I've tried earphones that go inear, but they hurt, so looking for something similar to the stock white ones but in back, with the volume control/mic etc, any ideas?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Don't get the PK3 unless you plan on using a headphone amp.

The PK1 is a nice improvement over the Apple earbuds, whereas the PK2 is an INCREDIBLE improvement. I've A/Bed many earbuds and the Yuin PK2 is easily the best. Be sure though that the earbuds have a snug fit or the bass will be weak. The Yuin packaging comes with foam pieces that increase the size of the earbuds for those who have bigger ear holes.

The Yuin earbuds don't have volume control, etc., but the current AKG earbud line does. I don't remember the model number, but they are fantastic as well and easily a close second to Yuin's PK2.

4. Power Macintosh macrumors member

Power Macintosh

The Klipsch S4i is a great alternative. It doesn't hurt (since you can change it to a smaller one) and it has a powerful bass. Beautiful.

5. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Someone asked about this too in a thread before, but I can't find it now. But yea you're right, hardly anybody makes non-in ear earphones anymore. It's a shame really, they still have their place I think.

The Yuin's are probably your best bet for good bang for buck. But when they first started out their cords tended to break, so YMMV.

You can check out these Senn's too for out-ear buds, if you don't mind the yellow cord.
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/iPhone...ess-jogging-training-sennheiser-adidas_504601
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-earphones-earbuds-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504038

6. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

The akgs you speak of, are they the k318?

7. Cutterschoice thread starter macrumors member

Guys, thank you so much for your help, i managed to find the k318 on amazon for £38.99, they are exactly what i was looking for, just fingers crossed they work ok, will pop back when they arrive some time next week, thanks again, i would never have found these other wise.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I can promise you that you will be happier with them then apples earbuds of course they don't even offer black. but sound wise you will be thrilled as well.

9. dsquared81, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Awesome. Please post a review if you can. I'm in the same situation (want earbuds without noise isolation and microphone volume controls). I'd prefer it in white but I would pick these up if theyre worth it.