iPhone earphones button functionality on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by design-is, Feb 28, 2008.

1. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Anyone found a program or plug-in that allows you to use the button on the earphone cable to start/stop and move to next track in iTunes when plugged into a mac?

I think this would be a great feature...

2. icoffee macrumors regular

Yep, that would be really cool. I dont think it exists...yet!

3. design-is thread starter macrumors 65816

design-is

I certainly can't find anything relating to it, but am surprised more people aren't interested in the possibility.

It would make a great headset for gaming and skype (etc) with the mic & earphones, and the button could have a customisable function... mute, play, pause, skip...

4. icoffee macrumors regular

I do know that some bluetooth headphones have this functionality built in. For example, my Motorola S9 headphones allow me to change itunes tracks and volume. I don't have any Skype functionality but wonder if it could be enabled somehow. It's a great idea for me too as I use Skype for half of my calls. Hopefully someone will come out with a program to allow such features.

5. design-is thread starter macrumors 65816

design-is

I know this is an old thread, but I just wondered if anyone had heard of such a program yet? I would still find it very useful!

6. nufanec macrumors regular

A program could not do this. It is a physical impossibility. They headphone jack in an iPhone has an extra connector that is used for the mic and data. The jack on Macs don't have this.

7. design-is thread starter macrumors 65816

design-is

Righty. Ah well, its a shame!

Thanks for the info :)