Iphone earpiece oscillation from camera lens

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by arsenalbates, Sep 25, 2012.

1. arsenalbates macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 5 replaced 2 times and I am still having the same issue.

When talking to a specific tone of voice or an automated voice system such as voice mail I am getting an oscillation sound. When I tap the back of the phone I hear the rattle from the camera but it is quite loud (sounds very loose). I have as I said changed the phone 2 times and all handsets do it.

I think the camera lens rattle is rattling when on the phone and that's what i can hear through the earpiece.

Has anyone else got this issue at all ? or am I being to fussy. Its very distracting.

2. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

mine sounds like wind blowing in the background during a phone call. it comes and goes and changes if i put my phone tight against my ear or not

3. arsenalbates thread starter macrumors newbie

Re

So you have a similar issue. Anyone else ?

Surly someone also has this issue, I have been through all 3 handsets that all do it. Only when you speak to a specific tone of voice the rattle begins. Always happens on voice-mail or any automated voice service.

Feels like I am the only one plauged by this ? My iPhone 4 never did it ?:apple:

4. thughe13 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem got 2 replacements from apple as well and all the phones had the same noise during certain calls, I was using a 3 network sim and then tried an 02 sim and that the noise stopped, put the 3 sim back in and the noise is there. Got a new sim from 3 and the noise was still there. I was lucky to have to contracts and am using my 02 sim with no issues now. Not sure how this works but it seems certain carriers create this vibration in the ear piece on certain calls.