iPhone= Ebay havoc???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elaralas, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Elaralas macrumors newbie

We have seen what happens when a hot tech item comes out and runs out of stock in 60seconds.
    Ps3: Retail-$500&600 Ebay- UP or beyound $2000
    this goes the same for the Wii, and Xbox360

Do you think this will happen with the iPhone

2. jshbckr macrumors 6502

It better not end up like this or I'm cracking skulls.

3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Ebay should do a 5-day ban on iphones or something like that.

I am still thinking Apple has thought of this and will have some agreement that will screw you if you try this. But then again we live in a free commerce society....

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

If in-store quantities can satisfy say, 80% of the immediate, onsite demand, and the Apple Store online can have them shipped in no more than 3-5 days, then the eBayers well likely be left out in the cold, except for overseas buyers...

"Hello. I'm liking to buy the IphOne you are presenting for purchase 'Buy-It-Now' for $2000. I am happy to offering $5000USD for deliver to Krakow, Poland. Pleasing to inform us of your bank account and routings so deposit of funds may be made direct on delivery of your items. Thanking you!"

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I say let 'em sell iPhones on eBay. If some moron is enough of an idiot to pay hundreds more for an iPhone from eBay, they deserve to be separated from their money.

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Or buying iphones falsely claimed to be unlocked.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I agree- Why stop it?

If someone's willing to pay $2000 for a PS3 (morons or not), why prevent them from doing so? This eBayer has clearly identified a profitable niche in which both parties are aware of what's being exchanged.

And as far as fake iPhones and scams, eBay already pursues (though somewhat passively) fraud, and this doesn't change during product booms.