Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elaralas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
We have seen what happens when a hot tech item comes out and runs out of stock in 60seconds.
Ps3: Retail-$500&600 Ebay- UP or beyound $2000
this goes the same for the Wii, and Xbox360

Do you think this will happen with the iPhone

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX
Ebay should do a 5-day ban on iphones or something like that.

I am still thinking Apple has thought of this and will have some agreement that will screw you if you try this. But then again we live in a free commerce society....

JNB

macrumors 604
If in-store quantities can satisfy say, 80% of the immediate, onsite demand, and the Apple Store online can have them shipped in no more than 3-5 days, then the eBayers well likely be left out in the cold, except for overseas buyers...

"Hello. I'm liking to buy the IphOne you are presenting for purchase 'Buy-It-Now' for $2000. I am happy to offering $5000USD for deliver to Krakow, Poland. Pleasing to inform us of your bank account and routings so deposit of funds may be made direct on delivery of your items. Thanking you!"

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I say let 'em sell iPhones on eBay. If some moron is enough of an idiot to pay hundreds more for an iPhone from eBay, they deserve to be separated from their money.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I agree- Why stop it?

If someone's willing to pay $2000 for a PS3 (morons or not), why prevent them from doing so? This eBayer has clearly identified a profitable niche in which both parties are aware of what's being exchanged.

And as far as fake iPhones and scams, eBay already pursues (though somewhat passively) fraud, and this doesn't change during product booms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.