iPhone (edge) Battery Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luigi239, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I have a refurbished original iPhone that I got two days ago. I love it, but twice now the phone has died while the battery indicator was more than halfway. I dont get any warnings or anything, it just shows the connect to power message.

What is even weirder is that when I plug my iPhone in to power, the battery still shows that it is half full. Whats going on? I thought maybe after the first time a full charge would fix it, but the second time seems no better. I have tried leaving the iphone in its "connect to power state" overnight in order to fully drain it any maybe calibrate it, but as soon as I pluged it in the battery meter said the battery was over half full.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

You could try doing a restore. It shouldn't just cut out, I reckon you should take it back asap and get it replaced :) Just make sure you back up before returning it.

3. Luigi239 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Didn't think of that, that is probably a good thing to do.

I was using my iPhone for about 4.5 hours with playing a lot of games as well as lots of web browsing, so I think I'm doing alright with battery life. It's just the meter thats screwed up. If I restore the phone, can I restore from a back up or will that just defeat the purpose?

4. alFR macrumors 68020

There are probably 2 main possibilities:

• You have a hardware fault.
    • Your battery meter isn't calibrated right.

Try a restore (I'd do a clean restore, so don't restore from a backup unless there's any SMS messages or notes on there you really can't bear to lose - everything else should sync back on from your mac) then try draining the battery completely then fully charging the phone a couple of times. If that doesn't stop it doing it, I'd take it back to get it checked out.