iPhone/EDGE/Pandora performance....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cWeems, Nov 28, 2008.

1. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

so wednesday i headed out from jax, FL to alabama to visit some family for thanksgiving... its about a 4 1/2 hr drive to their house. i have the aux input on my stereo so i was rockin some of the music on my iphone for about 30mins before i got bored with my music. decided to try out pandora on the road, didnt have much faith in it due to the fact i would be on EDGE the entire way (disabled it, no 3G in that part of bama!). so i set it to a station and let her go. figured there would be some buffering or something since i was going 75-80, hopping from tower to tower, passing through small towns.

but i must say, it was perfect, never buffered, skipped, crashed or anything at all. i used it for about 3 hours straight untill i stopped for gas and it played perfectly the entire way!! i did not think anything would stream that well traveling around through small cities like that!

living in jax spoiled with a good 3G network, i dread times when i leave and have to use, blah, EDGE. but i have to say i was proud of it then!

jus thought id share, GO PANDORA!!!! and EDGE...

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

How was the quality?
    Actually how did the battery last? hehe

3. cWeems thread starter macrumors 6502a

cWeems

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

sound was perfect! Battery didn't drain as much as I thought, probably because I was only on 2G. Later when I tried YouTube on edge though, that's a diff story!