Iphone electrical plug works on MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iag48, Nov 4, 2008.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

Quick question, I just bought a used black MB but the seller did not have the part that attaches to the charger. Therefore I have to use the long cable extension to charge the battery.

I noticed the iphone charger has a removable electrical part; is it compatible with the MB? or will it fry my MB (I know nothing about this)?

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Should be fine. I used my old mini US plug adaptor on my return. Works fine :D

3. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

4. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I switch the removable plug parts (both extension cord and nub) between my macbook chargers and my airport express with no problem. That part of the charger are not wattage/voltage specific, merely a means of transport for electricity from the outlet to the power adapter. If you look at the actual connector on the Apple charger you will see it used the same connect used on many power bricks (camcorders, PS2 slim, some DVD players, etc.). You could use one of them in a pinch, though they would stick out of the side of the adapter instead of coming off it at a right angle from a nice smooth corner cap. haha