Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deacon123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Hi there. I currently have 3 email accounts set up on my iPhone. The primary one has recently somehow changed itself from a IMAP account to a POP account. I can no longer access older emails, like I had been able to with my IMAP account. The other two emails have stayed IMAP accounts. Is there any way for me to change it back. I am thinking that this may have been caused by me beginning to use the Mail app on my MacBook? Not sure, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi there. I currently have 3 email accounts set up on my iPhone. The primary one has recently somehow changed itself from a IMAP account to a POP account. I can no longer access older emails, like I had been able to with my IMAP account. The other two emails have stayed IMAP accounts. Is there any way for me to change it back. I am thinking that this may have been caused by me beginning to use the Mail app on my MacBook? Not sure, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, you can change it back in the mail settings area.

deacon123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
iPhone Email Difficulties - POP and IMAP

Hi Menel, I have tried that. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Could you please expand?
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.