iPhone emails vanish when viewed in outlook.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nordstrom89, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Nordstrom89 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I currently at work use Outlook Express for my emailing purposes.

I have setup my email account onto the iPhone, and I have had issues for when I receive an email at my computer, and my iphone, that the email just dissapeares on the iphone. It's not left in a trash bin, deleted file, or anything...just simply gone.

The email is still in my inbox in outlook, it hasnt been deleted, or moved to another folder.

I have no problem with recieving the emails to both computer and iphone, its just now a matter of keeping a copy of the email on the iPhone. What is causing this? is it an Outlook express setting that isnt working? Or the iPhone? My co-workers all have an iPhone and don't have any problems, its just mine, could i have accidently turned on some sort of setting?...who would want a setting that makes emails vanish?

Please help me, thank you very much.

-Rylan N

2. amjaliks macrumors newbie

Check your Outlook settings. If you use POP3 to connect to your e-mail server and Outlook is set to deleted messages from the server after download, it is may be a reason why your messages "disappear".

If it you can use IMAP (instead of POP3) to connect to your e-mail, then better use it. If you cannot, then at least set your Outlook to leave messages on the server after download.

3. Nordstrom89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply.

I have set it for IMAP, but ill still check the outlook settings to disable it from deleting messages from the server.

How would i go about doing that? can you give me a quick step thru on which to click?

thank you,

Rylan N.

4. Nordstrom89 thread starter macrumors newbie

**FIXED**

I have figured out the solution.

Thank you for your reply, and to any others whom have the same issue.

Go to your Outlook;

Tools -->
    Accounts -->
    Select your account -->
    Properties -->
    Advanced tab -->
    (At the bottom, there should be box unchecked, check it)
    -should read, something along the lines of; keeping emails/files saved on the server-

Good luck :)