Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
North America
Out of the Google conference today I am really digging the Google Pixel Stand. Is there something similar for the iPhone? What are the closest adaptations?

gsucyclist

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
I think it will charge an Qi compatible device so you could use if for the iphone

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I think it will charge an Qi compatible device so you could use if for the iphone

Would it provide additional functionality like the stand does? I think it shows a special alarm view and whatnot. I assume not, but this is my first wireless charging iPhone (new XS owner)

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Would it provide additional functionality like the stand does? I think it shows a special alarm view and whatnot. I assume not, but this is my first wireless charging iPhone (new XS owner)
Pixel 3 exclusive features seem fairly tame to me, mainly:
  • Google Assistant
  • Google Photos
  • Nest Hello
if you use Clock app's Bedtime feature, you get a similar morning alarm view on the iPhone.

I personally don't need nor want my phone to become an "always on" device for Photos and doorbell, but to each its own.

Anyway, if you don't care for these either, you can use Pixel Stand for iPhone. Although at $79, not worth it for me personally.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
North America
Pixel 3 exclusive features seem fairly tame to me, mainly:
  • Google Assistant
  • Google Photos
  • Nest Hello
if you use Clock app's Bedtime feature, you get a similar morning alarm view on the iPhone.

I personally don't need nor want my phone to become an "always on" device for Photos and doorbell, but to each its own.

Anyway, if you don't care for these either, you can use Pixel Stand for iPhone. Although at $79, not worth it for me personally.

Have you tried this yourself? Right now I just put my iPhone in and it lays on my night stand, but it would look better I think if it had some sort of display on.

I can search for it, but any recommended links showing how to use the Bedtime feature with a wireless charging stand? I use it, but again I don't currently have a wireless charging stand.

I don't think I'll buy the Pixel stand for iPhone, I just liked the features. What would be really great for me a similar stand for when I'm cooking - so I don't have to use an iPad I don't have. :)

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Have you tried this yourself? Right now I just put my iPhone in and it lays on my night stand, but it would look better I think if it had some sort of display on.
The Bedtime alarm feature does not show the alarm status all the time. It is only after the alarm is triggered that it springs up to life, showing the time, buttons for snooze and stop.

So not exactly the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.