iPhone error message - startIpodStack can't start! Need Congfiguration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sandyguns, May 11, 2009.

1. sandyguns macrumors newbie

I have been using an unlocked iPhone 1.1.4 for over15 months which was unlocked using Ziphone. Today I accidentally restored the iPhone to original factory settings. When I tried to do the unlocking again using Ziphone, it got stuck in the middle of the process and I had to stop the process. I m getting an error message - "IOIpodUSBDevice::startIpodStack can't start! Need configuration" . Also iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone.:(

Somebody please help me get me back my iPhone.

2. sandyguns thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been using an unlocked iPhone 1.1.4 for over15 months which was unlocked using Ziphone. Today I accidentally restored the iPhone to original factory settings. When I tried to do the unlocking again using Ziphone, it got stuck in the middle of the process and I had to stop the process. I m getting an error message - "IOIpodUSBDevice::startIpodStack can't start! Need configuration" . Also my iTunes 7.6 no longer recognizes my iPhone. FYI, I se Windows Vista/XP. The top On/Off Switch of my iPhone does not work.. so rebooting has been a problem for me.

Somebody please help me get me back my iPhone.

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

When you say restore to factory settings, do you mean your iPhone upgraded the firmware?

If so, upgrade your iTunes and drop Ziphone as I don't think it works with current firmware versions. Use Quickpwn or Pwnage Tool instead. :)