iPhone excel viewer issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by briancurrently, Oct 8, 2007.

1. briancurrently macrumors newbie

I have searched these forums and googled this, but have found only 1 post similar to mine. Basically, has anyone else noticed that opening excel in the mail app will give you a list of wrong times and dates?

I receive a weekly flight schedule for my job which when I open in my macbook gives me the correct times and dates. When I open the same file in my iPhone it will show the dates in DD-MM-YY format (i use MM-DD-YY in the US). It consistently starts the dates in August of 2016. It will also show my time's in the grid as being a few hours off. This is also happening to a few others in my group who have iPhones. For some reason, somehow, it's altering the information in the file. The other post that I found about it, located here http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5364749&#5364749

mentions the EXACT issue.

Just so you know I am using 1.0.2 firmware on a sim-unlocked phone on t-mobile. the other 4 people in my group experiencing this issue are using unaltered (nary a 3rd party app!), locked AT&T iPhones on firmware 1.1.1 and they are experiencing the exact issues.

If anyone has heard of this or knows of a solution PLEASE post it. It would be great to finally read this information on my phone instead of downloading it to my computer every time.

2. patrickj macrumors regular

Have you looked at Editgrid.com? Pretty neat online spreadsheet viewing and editing - different view modes to choose for fastest loading / slower load but need to edit etc, and will let you upload in Excel and other common formats. I'm not a heavy spreadsheet user but it looks very handy to me.
    www.editigrid.com