iPhone exchange question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrMarkster78, Sep 29, 2014.

1. DrMarkster78 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been covered before. I received a 16gb 6+ on launch day and decided that I want more storage. Can I do this in an Apple Store? Is this considered an upgrade? Just seeing if anyone had the info. Thanks for the help

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

iPhone exchange question

If you bought it at an Apple Store, you have 14 days to return/exchange at an Apple Store.

3. DrMarkster78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. 14 days from when I received correct? And I got it through the Apple Store online if that matters.

4. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Go back and return it then buy the new one. Easiest way to do it.

5. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

If you picked it up at the Apple Store, 14 days after you picked it up.

6. DrMarkster78 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Then, I don't know.

8. tjl3 macrumors 6502a

As long as you bought it from Apple, you can make your returns to the Apple Store, and yes 14 days from delivery.

9. DrMarkster78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good deal. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it

10. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

14 days is all they care about, doesn't matter if it was bought online or in-store. I suggest you do what I did and really search a bunch or stores, call a bunch, etc. I got lucky and eventually was able to exchange my 16GB 6+ for a 128GB 6+ but that was after A LOT of relentless searching, calling, going to stores, unsuccessful time standing on a line, etc...because of how scarce the stock of 6+'s is. Finally I talked to a manager and he hooked me up. Maybe they can do the same for you if you talk to one and explain your situation cause you don't have much time left before the 14 days is up.

Good luck! And idk why Apple makes 16GB phones cause it's like having no space at all.

11. DrMarkster78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok good. Yeah I've found one at an Apple Store near me. Just won't be able to get there until tomorrow. hopefully it will be there in the morning

12. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I hope so too but that happened to me and it wasn't there. The stock online sometimes is inaccurate. Best bet is to go to stores and ask there. Especially the manager. Just explain your situation. They helped me out like it was nothing. Best experience with Apple yet.

13. DrMarkster78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Mac, just to let you know I was able to swap my phone out today for a 128gb. Was in and out in 10 mins. Just wanted to say thanks for your and everyone else's help. I appreciate it