iPhone exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jjmontiel82, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jjmontiel82 macrumors newbie

Last night my car got broken into because I forgot to take out my iPhone.
    We have 3 lines on my plan, 2 lines have iphones (including the stolen phone) and third has an old flip phone.
    The person with the flip phone told me that I could get the iPhone using their line because Sprint charges me the full price of the phone with my number.
    If they get the phone on their line, can I get their new iPhone and they keep their flip phone?
    How can it be done? Do I have to do it in the Sprint store and it be done immediately after purchasing the new iPhone?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you just go to Sprint and they will set it up for you.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Wow!! Thank your friend for being a friend. I don't know anyone still using a flip phone. Not to mention being willing to give up an iPhone upgrade and continue using the flip phone. Must be an elderly individual not interested in all the things the iPhone does.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

There are quite of friends I know at my age (college age) that still uses a flip phone or a featured phone, particularly because they don't want to pay the extra bucks for a data plan.

5. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Different strokes for different folks. I can still remember how tight money was during my college days.