iPhone exchanging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jz7410, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jz7410 macrumors member

My GF got a scratch on the front of her 8gb iphone. We bought them on 7/18 so I am in the 30 day return. Would the apple store give me an exchange on a scratched phone? Or should I just tell them she wants to upgrade to a 16 and get a 16?

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

absolutely not, has to be a manufacturer defect, not a scratch. Crack maybe. I tried to get a new one when the 2.0.1 update didnt ix anything and they said that a new phone wouldnt help.

3. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

But since i am still in the 30 day return period. Couldn't I just take her phone back and say that I want to upgrade it to a 16gb? I read that they exchange within the 30 day return for a different color or capacity if you want...

4. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

that you might be able to do but you would probably have to upgrade i too am in the 30 day period but they wouldnt exchange.

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

When you exchange phones, the phone you are returning has to be "in like new" condition. If it's a scratch anyone can see, I doubt they would let you return it without some type of restocking fee.

Maybe you can be sly and it's a busy day and they won't notice it but I've seen an Apple rep refuse to take back a scratched iphone. I mean it was like a 5cm scratch and fairy obvious.

Why didn't you put a screen protector on it in the first place? That's the first thing I did for my wife's iphone. You know women put these phones in their purses with sharp keys and other stuff in there.