iphone explorer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Missjenna, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

First off, I want to apologize if this is a silly question!

I just bought my first mac a week ago and i've been using iphone explorer to SSH into my phone. Previously i had been using iphone browser on my windows laptop.

I was able to delete whole folders (with files inside) with iphone browser. Is that possible with iphone explorer? As of right now it's not letting me delete whole folders. I have to delete everything under the folder first before deleting it.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I don't know whether iPhone Explorer will let you do what you want, but I know that Cyberduck allows you to do exactly what you're talking about. So if you want to, you could give Cyberduck a shot.

3. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I agree with the comment on using CyberDuck. I have tried using iPhone Explorer, and when I copy files off the iPhone, they are not usable....I tried to use this to edit a .js file, and when I moved the file to my desktop, it came over as a blank file. Using CyberDuck, I was able to edit the file directly on the iPhone. Great App!

4. Missjenna thread starter macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Thanks for the info :)

I actually tried using cyberduck last night, but I can't get it to connect. Everytime it says "connection refused".

I'm going to do some more tinkering with it today and see if I can figure out anything.