iPhone Explorer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnardis, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Is there an iPhone explorer for Mac OS X Version 10.4.11? I can't find any when i google for it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Many versions for both win and mac.
    You gotta jb your iPhone and install Openssh first

3. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is that from cydia? It's already jailbroken. i tried downloading from here, but cant open the program

http://www.downloadbestsoft.com/iPhone-Explorer.html

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, install openssh from cydia first.
    Then cyberduck on mac or winscp for windows computers.

5. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I keep downloading cyberduck and when I try to run it, it keeps saying it won't run with this version of Mac X. I'm running version 10.4.11. Anychance you have link I can use?

6. scottuf macrumors 6502

I use PhoneView and love it. gives full access to the file system (wish it could set permissions though) and even can backup and archive VMs and SMS/MMS

7. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got phoneview working. Thanks so much. So what i' trying to do is select a theme from cydia and then be able to change the background of the theme to one of my pictures. I love the icons but hate the backgrounds. Any idea how I could do this? Is it even possible.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

See if this works: http://www.rbrowser.com/

9. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Very possible and very simple once you learn how to use SSH via whatever client you are using to view the files. If you rename your picture as Wallpaper.png and put it in the them folder it will become your background.

10. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I'm using IphoneViewer currently. I see everything from my iphone on my pc now , but i dont see any files or searches for themes. All I see are picture, contacts, notes, voice recorders, sms ec. I'm I on the right path? Not sure what to do next. Thanks in advanced.

11. scottuf macrumors 6502

If you go into the prefs, you'll see an option for Advanced Disk Mode. There the instructions say that if you can't see the whole file system, install from Cydia AFC2ADD. Reboot the phone and you are good to go.

As far as installing themes, navigate to /Library/Themes. In there are a bunch of default xxx.theme files. drag them to your desktop (or vice versa). To edit it on the mac, right click and Show Package Contents, and you are good to go. .theme associates to some app, but in reality is just a folder.

as far as file ownerships and permissions, you need to ssh in to do that, as PhoneView sets the owner to Root:admin and that can cause problems with files placed into the /User folder, but fortunately for themes, the ownership doesn't matter, so if that's all you are doing, don't worry about it.

Hope this helps

12. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks again. I will try this tonight when I get home. I'm sure I'll have more questions then. :confused:

13. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I finally got the chance to play around with that app and it's priceless. Again TY!