iPhone External Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CSaw98, Feb 16, 2014.

1. CSaw98 macrumors newbie

I'm new here and I will be traveling the country in mid March and I plan to be using my iPhone 5 as a mobile hotspot while at the airports and when on the road. So my question is, does anyone have a rather cheap- <$45 High Capacity external batteries that they would recommend?
    I have looked into Jackery, Anker, Limefuel, and RAVPower, but I was wondering if there were any other worth while options out there. Thanks!

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I usually help anyone out with finding the perfect battery pack.
    1) How many charges would you like out of the battery pack on 1 charge?
    All those company's you mentioned are all excellent battery pack companies. I have most their battery packs except limefuels.

----------

I would recommend this at first but I am unsure what exactly you are looking for in terms of specs of the battery pack:
    Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh Portable Charger Backup External Bat... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CEZBKTO/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_3iqatb16M057Q

3. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm training for the Londn Marathon in April and my training runs have really ramped up now so I bought myself a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for my 5S as I use Runkeeper to map my progress, make/receive calls and listen to music while I'm on the move.

It's a really great piece of kit IMO and well worth the £80 I paid for it on Amazon.

4. CSaw98 thread starter macrumors newbie

In all honesty I would only need 2-4 charges from it.. I believe the iPhone 5 have a 1440 mAh battery, am I correct? So would I only truely need something that's in the 3000-5800 mAh range?

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

A battery pack has to convert the power for it to be usable for the device so a 6000-9000mah battery would be good for you for 2-4 charges.
    Anker 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh Portable Power Bank Backup External Battery Charger Rapid-Recharge (3A Output) Dual-Port Shake-to-Wake Portable Highest-Energy-Efficiency Power Pack for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tablets, other Android Smart Phones and Tablets (Apple adapters and Samsung 30-pin adapter not included)
    http://amzn.com/B00DMWV3EU
    Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh Portable Charger Rapid-Recharge (2A Output) Backup External Battery Shake-to-Wake power pack for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, Retina iPad Mini 2, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Tab, PS Vita, Gopro and more (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, Samsung 30-pin adapter, not included)
    http://amzn.com/B00EF1OGOG