iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone extremely screwed up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vultorz, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Vultorz macrumors newbie

Hey, I've had this iPhone for a while now, and it's starting to glitch out on me.

I was browsing youtube, and when I went to go check my discord app my screen froze, went black, then stopped responding. After this happened, I did an emergency restart (i think that's what it's called?) and now my phone is jacked up. It's stuck on the lockscreen with the apple logo being destroyed with green lines everywhere.

Picture of phone - https://imgur.com/a/zAKxE

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Hope you have a backup of your phone (whether iCloud or local). It seems that either phone gets hot, flash storage is failing, or battery is failing. I can only guess.

3. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Judging from all the damage on the phone, guessing it's fried. And since stuck on the boot screen, it won't be a simple screen repair.

4. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Let a shop like iPad Rehab take a look at your phone. Often, it's not as bad as it might seem.

5. Vultorz thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed, it just randomly started working again. Thanks for all the help though!

6. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

It’s called a Hard Reset. :p
    (I’m assuming you’re talking about where you held the home & power buttons at the same time)

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Need to change title to “Extremely abused iPhone hardly works any more”.

8. now i see it macrumors 68030

Probably not for long. Back up the phone now and replace it as soon as you can. You dodged a bullet this time, but you may not be so lucky next time.