iPhone f/w v3.0 Beta 3 (exchange email)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digbyp, Apr 17, 2009.

1. digbyp macrumors regular

I am noticing, wheras previously, you can go into email and Exchange and go into inbox, move or delete items and then back and back to all email accounts and everything works quickly, now there is quite a lag.

I assume this is beacuase it is not final release. Or is it something else? Anyone else noticing same?

All other apps seemt to work fine and have had no other problems with 3.0 betas whatsoever

2. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

It is speedy for me.

I can go in, delete a message (swipe to the right technique) and go back to my other e-mail accounts very quickly.

I have noticed a bug that makes all of your messages from an exchange mailbox disappear, though. Rebooting allows the phone to re-download them and they don't disappear from the exchange server, but it is mildly annoying.

3. pugnut macrumors 6502a

No issues here...

I have no issues and generally the exchange account gets the work email to me faster then the blackberry. I best thing for me is the ability to search teh corp directory.

4. cvuk macrumors newbie

"I have noticed a bug that makes all of your messages from an exchange mailbox disappear, though. Rebooting allows the phone to re-download them and they don't disappear from the exchange server, but it is mildly annoying."

Since Installing 3.0 last night I am finding this happens every time I go into my mail. It never used to, only since the upgrade, so I have to wait for the phone to download the emails again.

Any solutions out there?

5. bosjt macrumors newbie

Me too!

After using OS 3.0 on my original iPhone for a day (nice!) I also noticed just now that my Exchange synched inbox disappears for some reason. I had over 200 mails over last 3 days (badge showed 171 unread) and when I go into the mail app the inbox is gone! but the Inbox (171) still showed in the header of the screen. Fiddling around I could get it to start coming down, but then it disappeared again. I've restarted (reset) the phone and now it shows Inbox (85) and "Cannot Get Mail" which I get sometimes and so still no mail in inbox. THis is over Wifi at home. Hope this is fixed soon, YIKES!

Wow, and now all my contacts are GONE! Can't even call my buddy to see if he is having this problem...