iPhone Facebook shows wrong time

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KilGil27, Jun 26, 2008.

1. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

everytime I post something via the iphone version of facebook's website, the timestamp is always way earlier than the actual time. Is there some way to change my time zone or something like that?

2. brucku macrumors regular

happens to me too!!! What a pain!! No one has an answer?

3. rs13 macrumors member

i have exactly the same problem cant seem to find any info or fixes for it guess we will just have to wait for a update to the facebook app

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I'd say that the facebook app is totally f'ed up. It's been doing this for the past week or so, especially if you check the 'status updates' tab- they all show the same time.

Totally unstable and unreliable as is.

5. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Yeah whenever something happens one minute ago it says three hours ago for me. its something messed up on their part.

6. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

I can speak for my three iPhone owning friends and myself. We all have the same problem.

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The time on mine has always been messed up with every revision of their app that I have seen, ever since their app release. It just seems to be a bug that they can't work out.

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Timestamps on 2.0 have ALWAYS been b0rked. The dev is already aware of the issue and you can post all other bugs/suggestions here.

9. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It is indeed annoying. I love how at random times it will show updates from 2 months ago as the most recent. It's such a great looking application though.

11. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I actually prefer the iPhone-optimized website to the application. It seems to get the times right, and you can write messages/wall posts in landscape mode.

And why doesn't the App or the iPhone site support events properly?

12. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

yea mine is always 3 hours off, just assumed it was on Cali time or something

13. Surely Guest

Surely

I forgot about the iPhone-optimized website. Maybe I'll give that a try for the next few days- or until the devs actually fix the bugs. I'm sick of seeing "just a moment ago" for every single status update.

14. lindorz macrumors newbie

+1 totally agree..
    has anyone been able to fix this????

15. Luke1994 macrumors newbie

Really simple fix - change iPhone time settings to 'set automatically' that fixed it for me!!!

16. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

I am retired so time doe's not mean anything to me. Problem fixed.:D

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Did you really go hunting down a 4 year old post in order to post a solution that was probably figured out years ago? The amount of people bumping years old threads is getting out of hand lately.