iPhone FaceTime Recorded Messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3282868, Mar 10, 2011.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

While FaceTime is a fun feature, I hardly use it. However, I would use it more if it had better integration with iOS. Currently there is no way to leave a recorded video message via FaceTime. Any word on whether this may appear or is even possible?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

can you not send a video as an MMS? or email?

3. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

True dat, you can as an MMS, forgot about MMS'ing. Although I'd like to see it incorporated with the answering system. FaceTime someone either via iPhone or the FaceTime application on OS X, and leave a recorded video messages. In a Leopard beta there was an option in iChat called "Answering Machine" that allowed you to leave a recorded video or audio away message and the other party could leave a video or audio message. It would be a great feature, especially for the deaf.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Getting a little ahead of myself but what if....

-MobileMe is made free to everyone
    -iOS version 5xx allows you now to record FaceTime messages
    -Automatically upload message (most likely low res to save on file size) directly to your MobileMe or DropBox account
    -Notification email/text sent to recipient that FaceTime message is in their inbox?

I'm sure there might be a simpler way but with the humongous data center Apple has and their integration of FaceTime into virtually all their toys, I wouldn't doubt something like this being made available in the near future.