Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flimzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
My gf uses an iPad 2 i believe and i use an iPhone 5. whenever we try to FaceTime it says connecting when she accepts and it will stay there and won't connect. i tried restarting FaceTime and my phone. Anyone know what to do?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My gf uses an iPad 2 i believe and i use an iPhone 5. whenever we try to FaceTime it says connecting when she accepts and it will stay there and won't connect. i tried restarting FaceTime and my phone. Anyone know what to do?
It seems to be some sort of outage affecting only those on iOS 6. Saw a news article on that today. Apple does not appear to be doing anything specific to cause it but don't be surprised if it does not fix itself. Currently, Apple's "solution" to fix the problem is to upgrade to iOS 7.

flimzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
It seems to be some sort of outage affecting only those on iOS 6. Saw a news article on that today. Apple does not appear to be doing anything specific to cause it but don't be surprised if it does not fix itself. Currently, Apple's "solution" to fix the problem is to upgrade to iOS 7.

i saw that aswell. I'm actually on iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.