Iphone failed, Apple say its physically damaged!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dronus, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dronus macrumors 6502

dronus

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 3gs 16gig. One day about two weeks ago it stopped working. I had just finished a call, and a window popped up saying that i needed to conenct it to itunes. I did this and it said the software needed to be restored. I said yep go ahead and it started to restore it. It didnt finish properly at the and, giving me some error which when clicked said i should restart my computer, reinstall itunes, yanno one of those helpful ones.

I restarted the iphone and it was dead as a doornail.

I took it back to the store and they cheerfully sent it off to Apple for them to have a look at.

About a week later i get a call saying that the repairs will cost me $310 due to the damage to the casing. There was no damage to the phone when i gave it to the store, and the storeperson has since confirmed this (the symptoms were also written on the job sheet). Im guessing it was damaged in transit or something.

Where do i stand? Can i just get a new iPhone from the store as a replacement? Its been 2 weeks now without a phone and with holidays coming up it would be nice to have something...

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All you can do is explain what happened and try to talk to a supervisor.
    Good luck with it.

3. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

The job sheet you referenced should stand as some proof that there was no physical damage to the unit when it was turned in. If there was physical damage, it would have been noted on the job sheet. Talk to the store, they should help you out with this.